Redmi Y3 the most recent phone launched by the Xiaomi house under Redmi series.
Here is the quick rundown on specifications of Redmi Y3
- Powered by Snapdragon 632 clocked on 1.8GHz
- With dual camera setup on back featuring 12MP + 2MP backed by AI
- On the front there is a 32MP sensor in the Dot Notch form also with AI
- 19:9 screen ratio 1520×720 resolution with 269 PPI
- Having battery of 4000mAh with support of 5V/2A charging.
- Comes with MIUI 10 Android Pie
- The display is 6.26” HD+ screen with corning gorilla glass 5 and 2.5D curve
- On the back panel there is eye catching Aura Prism gradient design
- Dedicated SD card slot with upto 512GB support.
- The material used is plastic.
- And all this for ₹9999.
Probably a steal for selfie centred phone with decent processing.
Redmi Y3 comes in two variants 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB, and in three colours blue, red and black.
Finally it seems Xiaomi is learning because this phone features a dedicated memory card slot and not the hybrid style of SIM tray.
Where I feel Redmi Y3 lacks.
- Could have sported a USB type C.
- Android One would have been more preferable.
- Pricing seems high, considering you get a more premium look in same price with Redmi 7