As the new flagship phones from the OnePlus house has hit the market sparked a new debate of which phone is for whom.
If you had similar thoughts about which version you should go for, then this is the blog for you.
Here is quick run down on features that both devices have
- Both of the devices pack Snapdragon 855 octacore processor (Octa core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485)
- On display section the OnePlus 7 has 6.41” screen with the resolution of 1080×2340, here we have optic AMOLED and a pixel density of 402ppi.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro has a slightly bigger screen of 6.67” with screen resolution of 1440×3210, here we have Fluid AMOLED and pixel density of 516ppi.
- In terms of battery capacity the OnePlus 7 stands with 3700mAh and OnePlus 7 Pro with 4000mAh.
- Both phones have Usb type-C connector for charging but the speed of which they will gain juice will vary as OnePlus 7 will use same 20W dash charge, on the other hand OnePlus Pro will have 30W Warp Charge (the speed of McLaren)
- In camera department both carry a 48MP (Sony IMX586) primary snapper at back difference is the support they have, the OnePlus 7 have 5MP secondary sensor, OnePlus 7 Pro have 8MP telephoto lens with 3× optical zoom and 16MP (Sony IMX471) wide angle lens..
- The form factor is quite similar in both of them.
- OnePlus 7 has a water drop notch on and OnePlus 7 Pro has a pop-up camera also both have a 16MP sensor.
- OnePlus 7 Pro sports the fastest in screen fingerprint sensor but its not the snappiest face unlock now.
- As OnePlus 7 has a notch and not motorised camera it will be faster for sure.
So which phone should you go for?
Both phones have quite a weight where OnePlus 7 weighs 182gram and 7 Pro is 206 grams.
6GB on a 128GB is a pretty solid performance which can be further increased to 8GB or Even 12GB with storage increase of 256GB.
OnePlus 7 pro starts from 48,999/- OnePlus 7 from 32,999/- .
Considering the price and features if you don’t mind the notch then OnePlus 7 is the way, just for a fancy pop up, high speed and crazy specs which you probably won’t be able to exploit if you are not into gaming, I don’t see any profit in going for the Pro version.
If you are just looking for camera then you should check out Google Pixel 3a.