There are some pictures showing the progress of human history, which are difficult to forget. One such photo is of 1963 when the Indian space agency ISRO was going to launch its first rocket from a Thumba launch center in Thiruvananthapuram and the parts of that rocket were taken on a bicycle. Another picture is of 50 years back when on July 20, 1969, American pilot Neil Armstrong and Edwin Buzz Aldrin landed for the first time on the moon. A photo after this of 2008, when India’s Chandrayan reached the space in orbit of the moon and now we got some new pictures when the Chandrayaan-2 of India was launched on July 22, 2019.
Due to some technological shortcomings, Chandrayaan’s campaign was delayed for few days. But now, after its successfull launching, the voices of those who were questioning the credibility of ISRO were stopped. The initial success of this mission has given India an opportunity to be proud.
In 1972, there was a one-way shutdown to send the man to the moon, but the courage to re-connect this broken sequence was done by countries such as India – China. In 2008, during the Chandrayaan-1 campaign of India, two questions were in mind. First of all, what benefit can be provided by such effort to our bigger problems like poverty? And second, can Chandrayaan – 1 shed light on more information about moon and and its mysteries. The answer to the first question has been well received in the past that the goal was not limited to send Chandrayaan only, but to keep the ISRO in the space market and making the whole world aware about its capabilities. Today in the whole world there is a lot of demand of PSLV and GSLV rockets of India and many countries of the world are reliably trusting them to send their satellites in space. This is what ISRO has earned.
Importance of the mission Chandrayan 2
- Successful landing will make India the fourth country to achieve soft landing on moon.
- If successful chandrayan 2 will be the first mission to land near lunar south pole.
- For ISRO it is the chance to prove again its intellect and potential in front of the world.
Journey of Chandrayan 2
- Around the Earth: 1 to 23rd day
- towards the moon: 23rd day
- On the journey of the moon: 23rd to 30th day
- Entrance to the orbit of the moon: 30th day
- Around the Moon: 30th to 42nd day
- Separation of lander-orbiter: 43rd day
- Process of slowing down: 44th day
- Controlled Landing Process: 48th Day
- Landing: 48th day